The Shiatsu Foundation Certificate Course
The Shiatsu Foundation Certificate Course is delivered to complete for 8 weeks (144 hours). Students learn the basic Shiatsu skill which includes Shiatsu theory, self-Shiatsu, Chair-Shiatsu and whole body treatment. Upon successful completion of this course, students will receive a certificate which is transferable to the 1070-hour Shiatsupractor diploma program.
Full Time Students (8 weeks)
- May Term 8 weeks (May 7, 2018 – June 29, 2018)
- September Term 8 weeks (September 3, 2018 – October 26, 2018)
- January Term 8 weeks (January 7, 2019 – March 1, 2019)
|9:45 – 12:45||Shiatsu||Shiatsu|
|13:45 – 16:45||Shiatsu||Shiatsu|
|18:45 – 21:45|
Part Time Students (16 weeks)
- September Term 16 weeks ( September 4, 2018 – December 21, 2018)
|9:45 – 12:45|
|13:45 – 16:45|
|18:45 – 21:45||Shiatsu||Shiatsu|
Shiatsu Foundation (144 hours)
Basic Shiatsu concepts are studied including such subjects as Characteristics of Shiatsu, Shiatsu and Physiological Functions, Operations of the hands and fingers, kinds of pressure application, and contraindications to Shiatsu.
Self-administered Shiatsu teaches the student basic use of the hands, correct pressure application methods and all the basic pressure points. This is good for health-conditioning.
The students practise 10-min and 20-min Chair Shiatsu Treatment on each others.
Whole body Treatment
The basic whole body treatment, which takes 75 to 90 minutes to complete, which includes up to 660 Shiatsu points on entire body. The whole body treatment is taught in stages, gradually increasing the duration of time until the complete treatment is mastered.
Instalment Plan (For Canadian citizens and permanent residents)
$100.00 = Due with Application Form
Tuition 1st Payment $725.00 = 2 weeks prior to starting date
Instalments × 3 $720.00
Total Tution Fee $2,885.00
Pre-paid Plan (For international students)
$100.00 = Due with Application Form
$3,365.00 = 2 weeks prior to starting date
$187.50 = 2 weeks prior to starting date (Tax inc.)
- Uniform, equipment, clinical report file, handout and student record are included in additional fee. The equipment includes buckwheat pillow for the practical classes, if you are allergic to buckwheat, please let us know before you make payment.
- Textbooks are not included in the additional fee.
- Textbooks are separately purchased by the student.
- A list of the required textbooks is available upon enrolment.
- As we are approved by the Ministry of Human Resources Development Canada as a certified educational institution, our students may qualify for a tuition tax credit.
* Non-Refundable Application Fee.
** Additional Fee is not included in Total Program Fee.
Canadian College of Shiatsu Therapy is committed to enrolling students who meet all of our program admission criteria and who are likely to succeed in meeting their education and career goals.
If the applicant fails to meet the minimum admission requirements, neither the School nor the Applicant may waive the requirement that the applicant must be nineteen years of age or older to be accepted into the Canadian College of Shiatsu Therapy.
Step-by-Step Registration Procedures
a) Interview with the Administrator.
b) Fill out and submit the Application Form with a $100.00 Application Fee. The fee will be applied to the tuition fees upon acceptance or returned to you if your application is not approved.
c) Read and understand the School Policy and mission statement.
d) The Student and the School’s Representative (Signing Officer) sign the Enrolment Contract.
e) Payment of tuition.
Students are required to do homework (Directed by Independent Study of 1.5 hours per class)
The Course has a minimum and a maximum student enrolment in order to ensure ample individual instruction when required.